PhD Student- My car is my studio: Motivating, designing and understanding gameful solutions for digital content creation in mobility (m/f/d)Apply
PhD Student- My car is my studio: Motivating, designing and understanding gameful solutions for digital content creation in mobility (m/f/d)
Student & Talent Programs
We are CARIAD, an automotive software company and part of the Volkswagen Group. Our mission is to make the automotive experience safer, more sustainable, more comfortable, more digital, and more fun. Soon, we'll be a team of more than 5,000 software developers and engineers, building the leading tech stack for the automotive industry and creating a unified software platform for over 10 million new vehicles per year.
We’re looking for talented, digital minds like you to help us create code that moves the world. Together with you, we’ll build outstanding digital experiences and products for all Volkswagen Group brands that will transform mobility. Join us as we shape the future of the car and everyone around it.
The purpose of our PhD Program is to promote innovative topics that are relevant to CARIAD. We cooperate with top universities and bring new research projects to life. Our PhD candidates get the opportunity to develop and implement innovative ideas in their projects for CARIAD and the respective scientific field. The PhD projects are accompanied by a supervisor and a dedicated CARIAD mentor. Essential trainings are provided for the PhD candidates to complete the PhD Program.
For the "Innovations & Holistic Intelligent Cockpit and Body" department, we are looking for a PhD student to work on the project “Mobility-Based Content Creation”. The department focuses on innovating in-cabin experiences in the context of mobility. By considering the user, mobility and technology, we aim to shape a holistic mobility experience. Our multidisciplinary team consists of software/hardware engineers and UX/UI/(game) design specialists. Two PhD candidates already are an essential part of our team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Conduct a systematic literature review to understand the existing body of knowledge on digital content creation, virtual goods, and the creator economy.
- Apply the design science research (DSR) approach for in-car content creation and sharing to fulfill the socio-psychological uses and gratifications model.
- Evaluate the psychological, behavioral, and potential economic outcomes of these solutions using an empircal research approach (ie. laboratory and field experiment).
- Analyze data and derive design principles, design patterns and design recommendations.
WHO YOU ARE
- Completion of Master's degree in: Information Systems (Gamification) / Game Design, Computer science / Informatics, HCI / Human Factors, Social Sciences, Psychology or equivalent field.
- Experience with UI/UX/HCI/Game Design prototyping methods in technical development and workflows.
- Experience in drafting, conducting and analyzing as well as applying quantitative (statistical software ie. SPSS, R, etc...) and qualitative methods.
- European Driving license class B.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Fluent (written and verbal) in English. German is a plus.
NICE TO KNOW
- Starting date: flexible (duration of three years)
- Flexible working hours and remote work
- Competitive salary & attractive compensation package
- Networking events, trainings & exciting workshops
- Important: The PhD admission requirements are set by the university and candidates have to fulfill these requirements before starting their projects. Candidates need a confirmation by the supervisor professor before onboarding (not necessary for application).
At CARIAD, we value individuality and diversity. We see great strength in our differences and can all benefit from the unique perspectives of others. We strive to employ people with diverse backgrounds who have the expertise, energy and focus to advance our mission. If you're unable to submit an application because of a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Now