Get to know our leadership team, consisting of renowned software, digitization and automotive experts from inside and outside Volkswagen Group.
Chief Executive Officer
Peter Bosch is the Chief Executive Officer of CARIAD. He has extensive experience in the field of transformation and a proven track-record as a high-level strategist, enabler and team player. Prior to his appointment on June 1, 2023, Bosch was the board member in charge of manufacturing at Bentley, where he shared responsibility for the successful turnaround and reorganization of the company.
Chief Launch Officer
Thomas Günther is the Chief Launch Officer of CARIAD. He is responsible for CARIAD's product lines and continuously brings software solutions to Volkswagen Group cars with his teams. As a senior leader with more than 20 years of experience in the automotive industry, he has extensive know-how in software-driven product development.
Chief Software Officer
Sanjay Lal is the Chief Software Officer of CARIAD. He has extensive experience in E/E architecture, infotainment, and connectivity and a long track record as a senior leader at the intersection of automotive and big tech. He has co-founded a software consultancy for embedded systems and held several leadership positions at leading technology companies such as Cisco, Tesla, and Google. Before joining CARIAD, Lal was the Vice President of Software Platform at Rivian, where he led the development of advanced infotainment systems and middleware solutions.
Chief Financial Officer
Dr. André Stoffels is the Chief Financial Officer of CARIAD. An experienced automotive strategist and financial manager, he has more than two decades of expertise in digital transformation, technology and change management. Before joining CARIAD, André Stoffels successfully led the financial turnaround of the FAW-Volkswagen joint venture in China as its Executive First Vice President of Finance.
Chief People Officer
Rainer Zugehör became Chief People Officer of CARIAD in April 2021. His extensive know how in building agile organizational structures supports the cultural transformation. Until recently, he worked in his own international software company, which he has founded in 2006.
Chairman of the Supervisory Board
- Oliver Blume, Chairman of the Board of Management of Volkswagen AG and Dr. Ing. h. c. F. Porsche AG
- Ralf Brandstätter, Member of the Board of Management of Volkswagen AG for China
- Hauke Stars, Member of the Board of Management of Volkswagen AG, IT
- Dr. Michael Steiner, Member of the Board of Management of Dr. Ing. h. c. F. Porsche AG, Research and Development
- Oliver Hoffmann, Member of the Board of Management of AUDI AG, Technical Development
- Thomas Ulbrich, Member of the Board of Management of Volkswagen Passenger Cars, New Mobility
- Dr. Stefan Henze, Chairman of the General Works Council of CARIAD SE
- Rita Beck, Deputy chairwoman of the Works Council of AUDI AG Ingolstadt
- Gerhard Retzer, Deputy chairman of the General Works Council of CARIAD SE
- Gerardo Scarpino, Managing Director of the Volkswagen Group Works Council
- Conny Schönhardt, Head of the Mobility and Vehicle Construction Unit at the IG Metall Executive Board
- Carsten Schumacher, Chairman of the Works Council Porsche Weissach; Deputy chairman of the General and Group Works Councils of Porsche AG